Admissions to the university are based on merit criteria as determined by the University senate and the Council.
If you have the minimum entry requirements listed below, then you may be admitted. However, the Admissions Board meets and decides on the applicants' admission status. Cut points are set by the Admissions Board at its meeting, depending on the program being applied for, the number of vacancies available and the number of applicants for a particular program.
Ugandan Applicants for Degree programs should hold either
- UCE & UACE Certificate with 2 Principal Passes OR
- Diploma from a recognized institution of Higher Learning OR
- A Pass in Mature Age Examination.
Kenyan Applicants for Degree should hold either
- KCSE holders must have a minimum grade of C+ and above. OR
- KACE, 'GCE or A-levels' applicants must have at least 2 principal passes or its equivalent. OR
- A Diploma in a relevant discipline from a recognized institution of Higher Learning
Tanzanian Applicants for Degree should hold at least either
- TCE & TACE Certificate with at least 2 Principal Passes OR
- Diploma from a recognized institution of Higher Learning
Post Graduate Programs applicants should hold at least
- A good first degree from a recognized institution of higher learning relevant to the course applied for.
Other International Applicants
- International applicants must have qualifications that are recognized for University entry in their respective countries.
- Check with the Admissions office at the University or visit the University website for the programs on offer.
- Buy an application form at the fee stated, or you may download the form fill it and return it to the University.
- On returning the application form you receive a coupon showing the date when the results of the application will be out.
- On the date results of the application are out, kindly check at the office or on the university and University website; then proceed to pick your admission letter if admitted.
- After admission, one may be required to pay a non-refundable tuition fee deposit in order to confirm your vacancy.
Application forms are processed and shortlists made by the Admissions Office are forwarded to the University Admissions Committee. The board grants or denies the admission and forwards the decision to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor's (Academic Affairs) office.
The applicant's file is reviewed for completeness and a letter is given indicating admission, pending fulfillment of the requirements.
All documents received by the University in connection with an application for admission become the property of Kampala University. Admission places of students who are admitted and fail to report are filed. However material will only be held for a period of only one year if the student notifies the Admissions Office in writing of postponement of enrollment.
All correspondence pertaining to admission should be sent to:
The Admissions Office,
P.O.Box 25454 Kampala - Uganda.
Tel: +256393111294., +256-772-450601