Kampala University has a fully-fledged Quality Assurance Unit and is committed to the highest standards of quality in its operations.
It is headed by a Quality Assurance Manager deputised by a Quality Assurance Officer , Quality Assurance Assistant and Quality Assurance personnel across the campuses.
Our Quality Assurance is guided by the NCHE Quality Assurance Hand book, IUCEA Quality Assurance Hand Books (1- 4) and other International Academic Standards.
Kampala University is a founder member of Ugandan Universities Quality Assurance Forum (UUQAF) & East African Quality Assurance Network (EAQAN).
How Quality Assurance is emphasized at Kampala University
There is a Quality Assurance Hand Book and Policy that guides the QA procedures in the running of University Activities such as:
The quality of teaching and learning- Pedagogical skills to all lectures without a teaching background.
- External examiners.
- Students evaluation forms.
- Curriculum review.
- Regular audits through self-assessment of all schools.
- Regular trainings of all categories of staff.
- Guild participation in Q.A.
Functions of Quality Assurance Directorate
- Quality of staff is enhanced.
- Quality in teaching and learning is improved upon.
- Improved and sustained quality in academic programmes
- Quality in support services is enhanced.
- Quality in community engagement services continuously improve.
- Quality of resources and facilities continuously improve.
- Quality of research and publication is maintained high.
Directorate Quality Assurance
P.O Box 25454, Kampala.
Phone No. (+256) 393111294, (+256) 772-450601